We provide Bitumen in Bulk and packaged drums.
Bitumen is an oil based substance. It is a semi-solid hydrocarbon product produced by removing the lighter fractions from heavy crude oil during the refining process. As such, it is correctly known as refined bitumen, at ambient temperatures bitumen is a stable, semi-solid substance.
Bitumen is a black or dark-colored (solid, semi-solid, viscous), amorphous, cementitious material that can be found in different forms, such us rock asphalt, natural bitumen, tar and bitumen derived from oil, which is referred to as petroleum bitumen. Currently most of the roads globally are paved with bitumen. Today the world’s demand for bitumen accounts for more than 100 million tons per year which is approximately 700 million barrels of bitumen consumed annually.
Petroleum bitumen is typically referred to as bitumen or asphalt. In Europe for instance bitumen means the liquid binder. In North America, on the other hand the liquid binder is referred to as asphalt, or asphalt cement.
Types of Bitumen
- Penetration Bitumen 60/70
- Penetration Bitumen 60-70
- Penetration Bitumen 85/100
- Penetration Bitumen 40/50
- Penetration Bitumen 50/70
- Penetration Bitumen 30/40
- Penetration Bitumen 100/120
- Oxidized Bitumen 85/25
- Oxidized Bitumen 90/15
General Uses Of Bitumen:
For civil engineering works:
- Constructions of roads, runways and platforms.
- Water proofing to prevent water seepage.
- Mastic floorings for factories and godowns.
- Canal lining to prevent erosion.
- Dump-proof courses for masonry.
- Tank foundation.
- Joint filling material for mason.
- Electrical cables and junction boxes.
- In battery manufacture as sealing compound.
- Paint industries for manufacturing black paints and anti-corrosive paints.
- Printing inks.
- Water proof papers.
- Electrical capacitors.
- Bituminous felts.